You can translate the question and the replies:

Is it possible to create an enterprise VDB that contains primary data sources to be shared with other VDBs?

If we create a view in one VDB, can it actually be based on a data source located in a separate VDB?
user
16-04-2021 13:14:56 -0400

1 Answer

Hi, I was able to create a view using a data source located in a different Virtual DataBase using the VQL query in the Virtual DataPort Administration Tool. Furthermore, I would make sure to call the data source with the Virtual Database name attached when creating the view. For instance, I would declare the datasource same in the below format when creating the view `DATASOURCENAME=<DATABASENAME>.<DATASOURCENAME> ` where DATABASENAME point to the Virtual DataBase create in the Virtual DataPort and the DATASOURCENAME points the data source from which the base view is to be created. You can take a look at the [Creating a Base View ](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/latest/en//vdp/vql/creating_a_base_view/creating_a_base_view)section of the Virtual DataPort VQL Guide for more information on how to create base view using VQL Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
19-04-2021 08:20:40 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here