You can translate the question and the replies:

Denodo dialect for python

Hi, I downloaded the denodo dialect for python connexion to use with sqlAlchemy on the support site. (Denodo Dialect for SQLAlchemy). I tried to add the dialect like I was told in this article : https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/document/denodoconnects/8.0/en/Denodo%20Dialect%20for%20SQLAlchemy%20(feat.%20support%20for%20Apache%20Superset%20and%20Jupyter%20Notebook)%20-%20User%20Manual Sadly, that doesnt work. I got an error not finding the module. Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:/projets/poc-requete-complexe2/src/dockerlab/docker_write_high_volume.py", line 21, in <module> engine = create_engine(f'denodo://{user}:{password}@{host}/{database}') File "<string>", line 2, in create_engine File "C:\projets\poc-requete-complexe2\venv\lib\site-packages\sqlalchemy\util\deprecations.py", line 298, in warned return fn(*args, **kwargs) File "C:\projets\poc-requete-complexe2\venv\lib\site-packages\sqlalchemy\engine\create.py", line 522, in create_engine entrypoint = u._get_entrypoint() File "C:\projets\poc-requete-complexe2\venv\lib\site-packages\sqlalchemy\engine\url.py", line 653, in _get_entrypoint cls = registry.load(name) File "C:\projets\poc-requete-complexe2\venv\lib\site-packages\sqlalchemy\util\langhelpers.py", line 339, in load raise exc.NoSuchModuleError( sqlalchemy.exc.NoSuchModuleError: Can't load plugin: sqlalchemy.dialects:denodo I did add the dialect in my venv under : venv\Lib\site-packages\sqlalchemy\dialects Here's my code for connexion : engine = create_engine(f'denodo://{user}:{password}@{host}/{database}') Thanks for your help, David
user
21-04-2021 17:58:11 -0400

3 Answers

Hi, I am able to use the Denodo dialect, with the older SQLAlchemy, 1.3.20, to make this connection as described in the documentation. I can install it from the command line like so: ` pip install -Iv sqlalchemy==1.3.20` Alternatively, a clean install of Anaconda3 can also include a 1.3.20 installation of SQLAlchemy, chosen during installation. If in doubt, I can find the version my environment is currently trying to use by executing : ` sqlalchemy.__version__` Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
23-04-2021 17:13:19 -0400
Hi, Thanks you for your answers. It Helped me progress but now I have a new error when I execute my query : **psycopg2.OperationalError: server closed the connection unexpectedly This probably means the server terminated abnormally before or while processing the request.** Do you have an idea why it's happening ? I try something I found on stackoverflow with the preping option but it didnt work out. I validated that I am using 1.3.20 version. engine = create_engine(f'denodo://{user}:{password}@{host}/{database}', pool_pre_ping=True)
user
26-04-2021 09:29:06 -0400
Hi, If you are a valid support user then you can raise a support case on [Denodo Support Site](https://support.denodo.com) so that our support team can help you. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
28-04-2021 11:54:21 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here