You can translate the question and the replies:

Accessing remote Excel file

Hi Team, We are using denodo 8.0 version. I have a requirement to connect to a excel file which is not available within denodo server. It can be on any other share drive or any other server. How to conenct to this excel file? When i make a excel connection i just see C: and D: avaialble to pick the file. I tried using the interpolation variable but again it just picks the file from the local server. Any help is much appreciated!! Thanks!
user
04-06-2021 18:55:46 -0400

3 Answers

Hi, I found a relevant case in the link below. [Connecting to a remote Excel file using Denodo Express](https://community.denodo.com/answers/question/details?questionId=9064u000000L8IfAAK&title=Connecting+to+a+remote+Excel+file+using+Denodo+Express) I was able to get it working by following the steps in the link. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
08-06-2021 02:22:22 -0400
Hi, The excel file is located on other server. So I went ahead to create a symbolic link. But now that symbolic link is showing up in excel data source but its appearing as a file instead of a folder. Anyone tried symbolic link and is it working?
user
09-06-2021 11:48:03 -0400
I created the symbolic link and that is visible as a file and not a folder. Can you please explain if something is wrong here? Also i need to use double quotes around the remote network folder. mklink /d c:\Tempsymboliclink \server\elc\Shared\Projects\Active\Parameter Secondly, I created a map drive on the server and thats also not visible when in excel source. Why is that? Any help would be appreciated!!
user
10-06-2021 11:26:25 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here