You can translate the question and the replies:

Mixed Column names for views

Hi Team, I am working on Denodo 8.0 and want to see if there is a way to define the column names in InitCap? Example ViewName (instead of viewname) Col1Name1 (instead of col1name1) Col2Name2 (instead of col2name2) If i make the database Unicode then everything becomes case sensitive. I dont want case sensitive data/table/col names. Only want to keep the field names as mixed case. Is there any solution around it? Thanks!!
user
12-07-2021 14:49:31 -0400
code

3 Answers

Hi, It is possible to define column or view names in that InitCap format if the server is set in Unicode mode. However, if the server is in Restricted mode, all the column and view names will be switched to lowercase as soon as they are saved. Since this is the case, to still be able to have the InitCap naming convention, I would accomplish it by switching back and forth between the two modes. I would start by switching to Unicode mode changing the view and column names to the InitCap convention. Then after saving I would switch back to restricted mode to continue to work with it in a case insensitive environment. For additional clarification, I would check out the section [Identifiers Charset](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/8.0/en/vdp/administration/server_configuration/identifiers_charset/identifiers_charset) in the VDP Administration guide that discusses the specifics of each of the modes. Hope this Helps!
Denodo Team
12-07-2021 19:38:29 -0400
code
Thanks! Yes i tried the above mentioned solution.After switching the mode to "restricted mode" the view is still need to referenced with double quotes and is behaving as unicode. I guess this is something unexpected. Can someone please help here?
user
13-07-2021 12:23:16 -0400
Hi, With this workaround, I will still need to call those views or columns that have had their names changed with quotes in the Unicode format. I can reference the views that I have not changed to this format in a case insensitive way. This is the expected behavior for this workaround Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
20-07-2021 18:44:10 -0400
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here