You can translate the question and the replies:

Create base view from sql query - Oracle

Hey, I'm trying to create a base view from a sql query where one of the fields in the oracle table has the name SERIAL#. I can import the table if I remove this field, but I need this field! How should i put the field in the select: select sid, SERIAL#, -- ????? schemaname, EVENT, sql_id, round(last_call_et/60.2) every time, module, action, client_info, machine from sys.gvsession where 1=1 and event != ''rdbms ipc message'' and event not like ''%Net%'' order by 7 desc;' Any idea? Thanks
user
21-07-2021 05:47:42 -0400

1 Answer

Hi, I was able to create a base view using ‘Create from Query’ option with an oracle table that had a column named SERIAL# which name was changed to serial_0 when I was in restricted mode. Restricted Mode does not allow the character ‘#’. However, Unicode Mode does allow for the ‘#’ character so when I ran the same query to create the base view in Unicode mode it created a column with the name SERIAL#. For more information on the identifier charset modes, please check out the section [Identifiers Charset](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/latest/en/vdp/administration/server_configuration/identifiers_charset/identifiers_charset) in the Virtual DataPort Administration Guide. If you have a valid support user account, please open a new support case at support.denodo.com so that the support team can review the issue in detail. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
21-07-2021 19:34:22 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here