You can translate the question and the replies:

Convert Text To date

Hello, I have a question regarding the conversion of incoming Text format to a Denodo Date format The field name is <fld_name>. And, a sthe incoming date values are: Jun 29, 2005 19:19:41 Using the FORMATDATE function you to have datatype to be date but this is text datatype. What can I do to have the date written in 2005-06-29? Thanks
user
21-07-2021 09:20:59 -0400

1 Answer

Hi, I would switch to localdate type in Denodo rather than the date type because the data type has been depreciated. For doing this conversion, I would use the TO_LOCALDATE() function. In this example, I would do the conversion section of the query like this: TO_LOCALDATE('MMM dd, yyyy HH:mm:ss', 'Jun 29, 2005 19:19:41'). For more information, please follow the [Datetime Functions](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/latest/en/vdp/vql/functions/datetime_functions/datetime_functions) section in the Virtual DataPort VQL Guide for clarification on the functions that are available. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
21-07-2021 12:39:00 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here