You can translate the question and the replies:

Preserve View Comments

I have noticed when creating a view any comments inserted are stripped out. I can't understand why stripping out comments would be a feature as comments are an extremely important part of development. Is there a way to preserve the comments like there is a way to preserve format CONTEXT ('formatted' = 'yes') ?
user
21-07-2021 17:17:03 -0400

1 Answer

Hi, Denodo does allow for comments to be placed in VQL queries for creating a view: they are not however, in the VQL tab after the view has been created. For long lasting comments, I would create the views graphically to be able to have descriptions of different parts of the view added in. I can see these descriptions even if the view is integrated with another view. For more information on descriptions, please check out the section [Object Descriptions](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/8.0/en/vdp/vql/language_for_defining_and_processing_data_vql/object_descriptions/object_descriptions) in the Virtual DataPort VQL Guide. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
22-07-2021 12:07:48 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here