You can translate the question and the replies:

How to backup user queries under Data Catalog?

Hi, Is there a way to automate backup of the Saved Quries by users? Currently I can see that an admin user has an option to "Export All User Queries" under "My Queries", but this is a manual way to do. Does the export script contain user saved queries or it only contains the metadata? This will be useful in case of any failure in the PROD environment and we decide to use the DR environment.
user
24-07-2021 06:10:16 -0400

1 Answer

Hi, the export script exports metadata of queries saved(query.json) and the “Export All User Queries” option is only available through UI. However, since query.json contains all the details of queries saved, it is basically used as backup.The exported files can be imported to data catalog through import script and UI as well. To automate the backup process, I would recommend using a command to execute the export script. Here you can find more details for import/export of data catalog. [Import and Export Data Catalog Metadata Using a Script](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/data_catalog/administration/import_export/import_export#import-and-export-data-catalog-metadata-using-a-script) Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
26-07-2021 23:32:49 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here