This is probably mainly to get pointed in the right direction. Here's the problem.
I would like to be able to geocode addresses as they appear in the Address table. My idea is
1) Create a base view for the REST API from the census. The census one takes parameters in the url. IHere's the link, for reference. https://geocoding.geo.census.gov/geocoder/Geocoding_Services_API.pdf). I think that can be done, but I"m not sure if I need VQL for that.
2) Join that view with the Address table in the dataverse. There seem to be a variety of ways to do that.
- Create another base view and create a derived view.
- Put a trigger on the Address table and query the Denodo view when changes occur to the Address table.
- Other things that I haven't thought of.
What I would like to end up with is a live geocoding system to replace our current daily updates.
I would be interested in any tips on using API base views with parameters (first time for me) or any general comments on whether this is the best approach to joining these resources with Denodo.