How can I manually encrypt the passwords that are in the properties files?
I ask because I'm managing my own properties files outside of Denodo and I wanted to use the encrypted password instead of the plain text password. I wanted to do this without having to type the password into the VDPAdmin tool and then do an export.
If there is no way to do this, I suppose I could write my own utility to do it:
1) Create a new virtual database
2) Create a data source with the unencrypted password
3) Export that virtual database to a .vql file and a .properties file
4) Read the .properties file and extract out the encrypted password.
5) Drop the database since we don't need it anymore.
This seems like a lot of work just to encrypt the password, but I'm not sure how else you'd do it without a separate utility to encrypt the password.
Keywords encrypt password