You can translate the question and the replies:

vdp-queries.log - column explanations (what is TotalJDBCResponseTime? What units is it in?)

Hello! I noticed in the $DENODO_HOME/conf/vdp/log4j.xml file that the column headers for the QUERIES out appender are: Database UserName NotificationType SessionId StartTime EndTime Duration WaitingTime NumRows State Completed Cache Query TotalRequests TotalJDBCConnectionTime PartialJDBCConnectionTime TotalJDBCResponseTime PartialJDBCResponseTime FeedCache CachedResultsViewNames TotalCacheResultCheckType PartialCacheResultCheckType JDBCConnectionIds (at least, these "columns" appear as a comment right before the appender definition). I've been analyzing some of my queries in the vdp-queries.log and noticed that on a few of them the TotalJDBCResponseTime is greater than the duration. e.g., TotalJDBCResponseTime=29235 and duration=14696 I'm fairly certain the duration is in milliseconds, and I thought the TotalJDBCResponseTime was in milliseconds also, but now I'm not so sure. What is the TotalJDBCResponseTime "column"? What units are shown? Thank you~!
log
user
06-01-2015 13:35:31 -0500
code

2 Answers

Hello! The times are in milliseconds both for duration and TotalJDBCResponseTime. - duration is calculated as (endtime - starttime) - TotalJDBCResponseTime includes the total time used in all the JDBC requests involved in the execution of a query. So, e.g., if the execution of a query includes to retrieve data from two JDBC sources, ds1 and ds2, and let be tds1 and tds2 the time required for obtaining the rows from ds1 and ds2 respectively, TotalJDBCResponseTime = tds1 + tds2. If both sources were queried in parallel (e.g. using a UNION operator), then the execution time of the query could be less than the TotalJDBCResponseTime.
Denodo Team
08-01-2015 04:10:34 -0500
code
Thank you! That's the kicker: if both sources were queried in parallel... it makes sense now, thank you!
user
08-01-2015 11:35:23 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here