You can translate the question and the replies:

How to insert data into base view

Hi, I am trying to insert data into a base view, but no records are inserted. Please let me know if below statement is correct , If not how do insert data from one view to another view . BaseView_A-->target BaseView_B-->Source Query tried--> insert into BaseView_A ( select columns from BaseView_B);
user
29-01-2015 19:48:43 -0500

3 Answers

Hi, This kind of queries is not supported for base views. So if you need to insert data into a view, you should use the values in the VQL sentence: insert into myTable (field1, field2, ...) values (value1, value2, ...); Other ways to insert data is by creating a Stored Procedure or by using Scheduler. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
29-01-2015 20:59:04 -0500
Thanks for your response. How the insert statement in scheduler work ? I have created a VDP job in scheduler and ran below statement insert into BaseView_A ( select columns from BaseView_B); using the job. Althogh the job finished successfully but it did not insert any records in the BaseView_A. Is VDP job the correct job to run this insert statement ? If yes what am I missing here ? Please help !!
user
03-02-2015 15:01:51 -0500
Hi! You can create a VDP job with just the select statement for the Extraction section: "select columns from BaseView_B". Then, in the Exporters section of the job, you can define a new JDBC exporter. In this exporter you can use the table in which you need to insert the data: "BaseView_A". Regards!
Denodo Team
03-02-2015 18:19:12 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here