You can translate the question and the replies:

Adding format dates and calculations to existing fields in an array

Hi, I have a base view with the structure as follows: Bankinfo_array{ invoice_date,po_date,...............etc} partner_array{partnername,partneraddress.......etc} invoiceitems_array{amount,tax etc.....} If I flatten the view then I can write whatever logics as formatdates and calculations to the fields but the final derived view should be same as the structure of base view. I considered logic as flatten the 3 arrays build the logics then creating again as an array using nest but it will impact the performance. Pls let me know is there a way directly that I can format dates and calculations in an array itself.
user
04-05-2015 07:24:59 -0400

3 Answers

Hi, You need to flatten the array before performing any functions to its fields or you can create a custom function that accepts an array, perform any formatting and then return it as an array. Hope it helps.
Denodo Team
04-05-2015 10:59:27 -0400
Hi, Thanks for the solution. In order to write custom functions we need to add jars ,lib etc in the home directory right? Also can you explain with a simple array how to do custom function with the logic format dates,logics as concat 2 fields etc..
user
 Edited on: 04-05-2018 08:05:45 -0400
Hi, If you are not going to use any third party libraries then there is no need to copy the jars. You can use Eclipse4e plugin to develop custom functions. Refer to section '7.1 DEVELOPING CUSTOM FUNCTIONS' of the 'Virtual DataPort Developer Guide'. There are samples about custom functions in '<DENODO_HOME>\samples\vdp\customFunctions'. Hope this helps.
Denodo Team
05-05-2015 12:02:12 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here