You can translate the question and the replies:

Denodo installation issue: javaw.exe unexpected

I am seeing the below popup message when i am trying to install Denodo on my machine: "\Java\jdk1.7.0_71\jre\bin\javaw.exe" was unexpected at this time. Any pointers on how to fix the same?
user
04-05-2015 17:09:13 -0400

3 Answers

Hi, You have check if your PATH and JAVA_HOME are correct. Make sure your JAVA_HOME maps to exact location of java installation. Please refer to the installation documentation available from: https://community.denodo.com/docs/view/document/Denodo%20Platform/Denodo%205.5/Denodo%20Platform%20Installation%20Guide Hope this helps.
Denodo Team
05-05-2015 06:51:32 -0400
I ran into the following error when installing Denodo for Windows 64 bit. I'm only installing the Virtual DataPort package in Denodo. I even point to a shared Denodo license that others at my company are using during the install. The install completed successfully, but the program never started up successfully. During step 5/5, when both the Pack Installion Progress AND Overall Installation Progress bars are both at 100% complete, I get the following Denodo error message 2 times in a row: \Java\jdk1.8.0_65"\jre\javaw.exe" was unexpected at this time This error occurs towards the end of the install, immediately before the "The bundled Denodo Platform update will be installed". I found a user with the same issue as me in the Q&A section on this board: https://community.denodo.com/answers/question/details?questionId=90670000000CdC9AAK&title=Denodo+installation+issue%3A+javaw.exe+unexpected After reading the answer from the above link, I’ve identified a few issues that I hoped would solve this problem. 1) I’ve set the global variable JAVA_HOME to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_91 Previously this variable did point to the 1.8.0_65 version that the error was pointing to. 2) I’ve set the global variable Path to: C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\oracle\product\11.2.0\client_64_bit\bin;C:\app\steen\product\11.2.0\client_1;C:\oracle\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\VIP Access Client\;C:\Program Files (x86)\WinSCP\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\130\Tools\Binn\ManagementStudio\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\130\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\Client SDK\ODBC\110\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\130\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files\IDM Computer Solutions\UltraEdit;C:\Program Files (x86)\IDM Computer Solutions\UltraCompare Previously, that variable did use quote marks, which I removed per Denodo's Installation Guide PDF. Neither global variable includes quotes or ends in a “\”, I also identified that I had multiple versions of Java installed on my computer. I deleted the old version (1.8.0_65). Is my current version of Java 1.8.0_91 compatible with Denodo? The installation Guide PDF document says the following, “Before launching this installer, you have to set the environment variable JAVA_HOME to point to a JRE version 6 or 7. Otherwise, the installer process will fail.” Does that mean it will not support my current version of Java?
user
 Edited on: 28-07-2017 05:35:22 -0400
Hey, You are probably exactly right to listen to the installation guide. I was having some issues pointing to JRE 1.8 after I had already installed Denodo.Java version 1.7.0_80 worked for me. However, I have also used 64-bit Denodo without having a JAVA_HOME variable at all, try to just unpoint it and install, then repoint to it. Hope that helps!
Denodo Team
10-05-2016 05:08:20 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here