You can translate the question and the replies:

Unparseable date in union

Denodo 5.0 release 20141023 - Windows Server 2008R2. I have three views that I am trying to union together. view1 and view2 have 10 fields in it, view3 only has 8 fields. view3 is missing 2 date fields so I created 2 new date fields in view3. The date fields were created like this to_date('MM/dd/yyyy', ''). I do not get an error when I create this but when the union happens, I get the following in the error logs: com.denodo.vdb.catalog.view.function.ExecuteFunctionException: Error executing function to_date: Unparseable date: "". The only way I can get rid of this error is to actually put a date in the field which is not a valid option for me. If I put an empty string, it turns it to a text field and breaks my view. So how do I get around this error and still have a date field that is null?
User
07-05-2015 09:01:32 -0400

1 Answer

Hi, You can do a union even when the schemas of the tables are different. Denodo uses extended union where if any of the views has an attribute that is not present, it will be added to the output view. So there is no need to create a new field to perform the union. You can check the 'Creating Union Views' of the 'DataPort Administration Guide' Hope this helps.
Denodo Team
07-05-2015 11:47:17 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here