You can translate the question and the replies:

Connect to Mainframe systems

Hi, Can you please let me know steps or custom steps to connect a mainframe system asa soucre which has master and details in same copy book. That is one to many records in same copy book with a separator. Thanks
user
11-05-2015 14:28:07 -0400
code

1 Answer

Hi, in my opinion when accessing to mainframes there are three approaches: 1. The mainframe has some kind of external access configured (JDBC, Web Services, etc) In this scenario Denodo can access the data in the mainframe by using its out-of-the-box connectors (for example, is it in a DB2 database?) 2. A third-party software that acts as a bridge to external applications is installed in the mainframe (usually these connectors provide interfaces for external apps such as JDBC, ODBC, Web Services...) 3. The data is extracted from the mainframe and loaded somewhere else. I'm not happy with this approach because it is not an architectural best practice. In any case, if it is not possible to use one of the out-of-the-box connectors, you will have to create a custom connector (custom wrapper) to get the data (read the "DEVELOPING CUSTOM WRAPPERS" section of the Virtual DataPort Developer Guide for more information about custom connectors) Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
11-05-2015 19:28:51 -0400
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here