You can translate the question and the replies:

How can I close incoming JDBC connections to my Denodo VDP server?

Hi, Is it possible to close all incoming JDBC connections using VQL statements? Or is there another command I can use to kill/close all incoming JDBC connections? Here's why I'm asking: 1) When I run deployments, my script automatically removes a denodo server from the F5 pool. (Our pool is configured to load balance incoming requests on port 9999 and 9090) 2) When I perform step 1, I've noticed that new, incoming http requests on port 9090 are automatically picked up by the servers that are left in the pool (no news here). 3) I've also noticed that NEW JDBC requests on port 9999 are automatically picked up by the servers that are left in the pool (no news here) 4) Unfortunately, I've noticed that existing JDBC connections to the server I removed from the F5 pool are NOT automatically closed... so I'm trying to figure out how I can easily close all JDBC connections WITHOUT restarting the VQL Server. Thus my question... how can I kill/close all incoming JDBC connections to make sure NO queries are run against my server while it is not part of the F5 pool? (And please don't say JMX :-) . The scripting language I'm using doesn't really work with JMX, so I'd have to write a wrapper around the JMX system to make it easy to call from the linux command line) Thank you~!
user
08-06-2015 12:39:28 -0400
code

2 Answers

Hello, There is no VQL command to kill or close all incoming JDBC connections. If you do not want to use JMX, the only other option is to restart the VDP server. If you need to restart the server we recommend using the “Safe shutdown mode”. When entering this mode, the Server does not accept new connections and it will not shutdown until all the current queries finish. To safely shutdown the Server, execute the following script: <DENODO_HOME>/bin/vqlserver_shutdown safe Best.
Denodo Team
08-06-2015 20:47:33 -0400
code
Thank you!
user
09-06-2015 11:04:06 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here