You can translate the question and the replies:

Full cache, changing settings, redeploying VQL code seems to cause the existing cache to be invalidated?

I have a view, 'person_cache', that is configured to have a "Full" cache and a TTL of 86400 (1 day). I have a batch job that invalidates the existing cache and loads it once every hour. I wanted to change the TTL to two weeks ( 1209600 ) and change my batch job to run once a week, so I changed it, then redeployed the VQL. However, all my queries started returning ZERO results. Question: if I change the TTL on a view that has cache set to FULL, when I deploy my updated VQL does it invalidate the cache on the deploy? Thanks~!
user
17-06-2015 12:00:49 -0400

2 Answers

Hi, Yes, redeploying the VQL with a drop clause will drop the table and hence it will invalidate the cache. To change the TTL you can edit it from the graphical interface (Double click the view > Advanced). Or you can execute a query like below, ALTER TABLE person_cache TIMETOLIVEINCACHE 1209600; Hope it helps.
Denodo Team
18-06-2015 13:25:52 -0400
Perfect! (And yes, my deployments drop the entire database, so this makes sense). THANK YOU!!!!!!!
user
18-06-2015 14:07:28 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here