You can translate the question and the replies:

JDBC Data Source with 'Microsoft SQL Server' adapter not allowed by License

I am trying to do a proof of concept of a couple of things using Denodo Express. Our data warehouse is a Microsoft SQL server database and I'm trying to connect to that. However when I tried to connect I'm getting the following error: Creation of new JDBC data source with the 'Microsoft SQL Server' adapter is not allowed by the license I got something similar when I tried ODBC, but after some googling it appeared that ODBC wouldn't work using express. Some of the answers seemed to say that JDBC would work for SQL Server on Express. So my question is, is there no way to connect to a MSSQL database using Denodo express?
user
02-07-2015 10:30:14 -0400

3 Answers

As you said, ODBC connections are not supported with the Denodo Express license. However, JDBC connections to MS SQL Server are supported, so you should be able to connect without issues.\ Please make sure that you're using JDBC (and not ODBC) when creating this data source. If you're still having this issue, please check the log files (located at {DENODO_HOME}\logs\vdp-admin\vdp-admin.log and {DENODO_HOME}\logs\vdp\vdp.log) to get a more detailed explanation of the error. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
02-07-2015 18:25:21 -0400
Thank you for the feedback! That is the impression I was under. However I'm still getting that same error after double checking that it was JDBC. In fact below is a snippet of the log you pointed me to: 1464676 [Thread-46] ERROR 20150702102357119 com.denodo.vdb.admin.model.vdbserverproxy.VDBServerProxy - Creation of new JDBC data source with the 'Microsoft SQL Server' adapter is not allowed by the license com.denodo.vdb.vdbinterface.common.clientResult.VQLException: Creation of new JDBC data source with the 'Microsoft SQL Server' adapter is not allowed by the license It seems to even state in the error message that it is JDBC. Maybe I'm missing something obvious here?
user
06-07-2015 12:55:26 -0400
Have you tried to create a new data source connection from scratch? Also, which version of SQL Server are you using?
Denodo Team
06-07-2015 13:25:53 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here