You can translate the question and the replies:

nest function fails when field contains null as values

Hi, I Have a problem while returning an array over a set of fileds where some of them might contain null (This is a valid value) inside a stored procedure In the stored procedure i have the return value as below new StoredProcedureParameter( "order_array", Types.ARRAY, StoredProcedureParameter.DIRECTION_OUT, new StoredProcedureParameter[] { new StoredProcedureParameter("Order", Types.VARCHAR, StoredProcedureParameter.DIRECTION_OUT,true), new StoredProcedureParameter("Item", Types.VARCHAR, StoredProcedureParameter.DIRECTION_OUT,true), new StoredProcedureParameter("OrderDate", Types.TIMESTAMP, StoredProcedureParameter.DIRECTION_OUT,true), new StoredProcedureParameter("DeliveryDate", Types.TIMESTAMP, StoredProcedureParameter.DIRECTION_OUT,true) }) All the fields are defined as nullable true. However if a have below data comming from a BAPI Order_array _______________________________________________ { 12345 100 09/16/2015 NULL } { 12346 101 09/17/2015 09/30/2015 } { 12347 102 09/18/2015 09/29/2015 } The stored procedure will work for order 12346 and 12347 return the array properly filled, but it will fail (it will return an null array ) for order 12345, as the DeliveryDate is null, i have changed that value for a valid date (not null) and it works, however this is not always the case. Any Advice or help on this?
user
19-09-2015 23:24:56 -0400

1 Answer

Hi, The section Developing Stored Procedures of the Virtual DataPort Developer Guide explains how to create custom stored procedures. We see that you have defined your "DeliveryDate" parameter with type TIMESTAMP. What kind of date type are you using when creating the array of the Result Set? You must check that both types are the same. In other case you might face issues in the data returned. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
21-09-2015 12:34:22 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here