How to pass on Values from an XML Request to its corresponding Response

Hi, When i create a new project with the below steps New --> Data Source --> XML and then I am succesfully able to configure the project and create a base view too. But when I try to deploy this as a web service, i do not face any problems while doing at as a REST service (all the values from the request gets passed automatically) But when i deploy it as a SOAP service, in the response which i get, only empty fields are present and the values from the request does not get passed on to the response. Kindly guide me on how to update request from XML to respone. Thanks in advance
user
04-05-2017 02:57:25 -0400

1 Answer

Hello, If I want to publish the view as SOAP web service and consume it in a third party application like SoapUI, I will use the WSDL of the published web service in this external application which automatically generates a request with the required and expected structure. Then, by filling the required request I can execute the web service and check the output in the response field to view the data. For example, Once you publish the view as SOAP web service, click on the ‘ContextPath’ link then you will be navigated to the browser and click on the ‘SOAP’ -> ‘wsdl’ to copy the URL. And then, use the same URL in the third party application to send a request and receive the response as expected. I hope this helps!!
Denodo Team
10-05-2017 00:26:37 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here