You can translate the question and the replies:

Denodo jdbc jar usage in Python

Hello.. I'm attempting to create a JDBC connection using the Denodo JDBC jar in Python. I'm using the Python JayDeBeApi module establish the connection, however on connect I'm receiving a certificate chaining error. java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Certificate chaining error Are there any TrustStore properties in the JDBC jar that we can take advantage of? Are there any tips or examples of connecting using the JDBC jar with Python? Thanks
user
04-05-2017 16:26:01 -0400

3 Answers

Hi, I faced that problem when connecting through JDBC to Virtual DataPort when the certificate is not being sent but SSL is enabled in the server. You could refer section “Enabling SSL in Denodo Platform Servers” in Denodo platform installation guide to know about the properties used in enabling and disabling SSL. You could try connecting to Denodo Platform using ODBC connection in Python by the following steps, 1. Download Pyodbc library that is compatible with the Python version. 2. Add it to the Python interpreter. 3. Go to the folder <DENODO_HOME>/tools/client-drivers/odbc and unzip the appropriate ODBC driver. 4. Configure DSN using Denodo ODBC driver. 5. Use this code to connect to Python to Denodo Platform ``` cnxn = pyodbc.connect('DSN=[odbcsourcename]') cursor = cnxn.cursor() cursor.execute("select * from table") ``` You could refer the section “Access through JDBC” and “Access through ODBC” in [Virtual DataPort Developer Guide](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/6.0/vdp/developer/index) for more details on accessing Denodo platform from an external tool. Hope this helps.
Denodo Team
08-05-2017 06:20:34 -0400
Hi, I'm trying to connect with Python via ODBC to Denodo but without succes. I tested the DSN with powerbi and it worked well, problem is only in py. Getting this error : ('IM002', '[IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified (0) (SQLDriverConnect)') I also tried with jaydebeapi but again, without succes. I'm trying to connect to my localhost. Some advices please ? Thanks!
user
25-10-2019 09:19:59 -0400
Hi, I would suggest you to check the following, * If working in a Windows environment, ensure that you have configured the right Denodo ODBC driver (32/64 bit) compatible with your Python version. * Debug the error by referring to the log files: * Windows environment: Select the DSN > configure> Datasource > and enable "CommLog" and the "MyLog" options. You could see that logs are stored in the directories CommLog (C:\denodoODBC_xxx.log) and MyLog (C:\mylog_xxx.log). [Refer the section Set Up a DSN on Windows]( https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/developer/access_through_odbc/configuration_of_the_odbc_driver_on_windows/configuration_of_the_odbc_driver_on_windows#set-up-a-dsn-on-windows) * Linux environment: You must modify the odbcinst.ini file (in case of using unixODBC) to add the following properties to the [ODBC] section. Refer the section [Register a Data Source (DSN) on UnixODBC]( https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/developer/access_through_odbc/configuration_of_the_odbc_driver_in_linux_and_other_unix/set_up_a_dsn_on_linux_and_other_unix#register-a-data-source-dsn-on-unixodbc) for more information. Trace=yes TraceFile=/path/to/file/name.log Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
05-11-2019 06:52:02 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here