You can translate the question and the replies:

How to store password authentication and re-utilize again and again

Hi Team, I am connectining VDP with multiple data source in Linux. My data source are csv file , xml file and excel sheet While connecting I am using below SFTP method to connect sftp://10.223.66.228///home/denodo_admin/data_files/Client.csv sftp://10.223.66.228///home/denodo_admin/data_files/client_type.xlsx sftp://10.223.66.228///home/denodo_admin/data_files/Address.xml How can I store User -ID and Password for the server 10.223.66.228 in a variable and I can use it whenever it is required. Also if you observe I am reaping sftp://10.223.66.228 again and again for multiple connection . How to avoid that . Regards, Ganesh Taware (7875588330)
user
15-05-2017 05:45:33 -0400

1 Answer

Hi Ganesh, To answer your question you are using three different data source. There is an option of using the cache mode in VDP. Once you create a base view over the datasource, click on “Options” and select Cache mode with incremental option. This way you will hit the SFTP only when there is update in the data. To know more about cache read the section “CONFIGURING THE CACHE” in Virtual DataPort Administration Guide. And for the username and password Denodo requires the username and password every time it connects to the sftp location. Therefore it is necessary to add that value while configuring the datasource connection. As your case you need to create three different datasource I suggest you to add values separately. Hope this helps.
Denodo Team
18-05-2017 08:32:39 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here