After Installing Denodo Express 6.0 I am unable to connect to VDP via the Administration Tool

Help!!! Note: I've already looked at several other posts relating to this and I still can't connect after trying everything suggested. * I am running as administrator ("Run As Administrator"). * I've added TCP ports (9000:9999) access to the firewall. * I've added javaw.exe access to the firewall. * I've added the Denodo Platform.exe access to the firewall. * I'm running this through my company VPN connection if that helps. It works like a charm on my personal laptop. * Here are the "vdpadmin.log" contents (below). Thanks, George Schnabel, Fiserv **2 [SwingWorker-pool-1-thread-2] ERROR 2017-05-15T15:23:04.323 com.denodo.vdb.admin.model.vdbserverproxy.VDBServerProxy - connection error: Connection timed out: connect com.denodo.vdb.admin.model.vdbserverproxy.VDBServerProxyException: connection error: Connection timed out: connect at com.denodo.vdb.admin.model.vdbserverproxy.VDBServerProxy.getVDBConnection(Unknown Source) at com.denodo.vdb.admin.model.vdbserverproxy.VDBServerProxyConnection.getConnection(Unknown Source) at com.denodo.vdb.admin.model.vdbserverproxy.VDBServerProxy$4.call(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) at com.denodo.vdb.admin.model.vdbserverproxy.VDBServerProxy.execute(Unknown Source) at com.denodo.vdb.admin.model.vdbserverproxy.VDBServerProxy.execStatement(Unknown Source) at com.denodo.vdb.admin.model.serverfacade.VDBServerFacade.findDatabaseByName(Unknown Source) at com.denodo.vdb.admin.model.serverfacade.VDBServerFacade.login(Unknown Source) at com.denodo.vdb.admin.gui.model.connection.VDPConnections$1.doInBackground(Unknown Source) at com.denodo.vdb.admin.gui.model.connection.VDPConnections$1.doInBackground(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) 148 [AWT-EventQueue-0] ERROR 2017-05-15T15:23:04.469 com.denodo.vdb.admin.gui.components.connection.ConnectionPanel - Connection error: com.denodo.vdb.admin.model.vdbserverproxy.VDBServerProxyException: connection error: Connection timed out: connect at com.denodo.vdb.admin.model.vdbserverproxy.VDBServerProxy$4.call(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) at com.denodo.vdb.admin.model.vdbserverproxy.VDBServerProxy.execute(Unknown Source) at com.denodo.vdb.admin.model.vdbserverproxy.VDBServerProxy.execStatement(Unknown Source) at com.denodo.vdb.admin.model.serverfacade.VDBServerFacade.findDatabaseByName(Unknown Source) at com.denodo.vdb.admin.model.serverfacade.VDBServerFacade.login(Unknown Source) at com.denodo.vdb.admin.gui.model.connection.VDPConnections$1.doInBackground(Unknown Source) at com.denodo.vdb.admin.gui.model.connection.VDPConnections$1.doInBackground(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source*)**
user
15-05-2017 15:48:06 -0400

7 Answers

Hi, If your VDP Server is installed on another machine and you are trying to connect using Virtual DataPort Admin tool from a client machine, then you need to check if the IP address/host name of the VDP server is correctly configured in the RMI host in the Denodo Control Center of your VDP Admin tool client. To configure the RMI host you need to: 1. Navigate to Denodo Control Center Configure > JVM Options > RMI host tab. 2. Enter the IP address of Virtual DataPort Server in RMI host. 3. Restart the Virtual DataPort server for the changes to take effect. 4. Launch the Virtual DataPort Admin tool and check if you have the correct Server URI pointing to the server machine in the authentication process. I hope this helps you!
Denodo Team
17-05-2017 08:57:55 -0400
Denodo Express is installed on the same machine (my laptop) NOT another remote machine. If I execute the Denodo Platform using "Run as Administrator" within the VPN or not has no affect. I still can't connect to VDP. Thanks, George
user
17-05-2017 14:32:49 -0400
Hi Even I face the same error and in the same situation having VPN client, has anyone have a solution for this.
user
30-11-2018 22:54:38 -0500
Hello! The localhost while on VPN refers to the localhost of VPN Server rather than the local machine, So, I would use the IP address displayed on the Denodo Platform Control Center. You can find the IP address in the top left corner, right below the label ‘Denodo Platform Control Center’. Use this IP Address on the Server URI along with port number on Virtual DataPort Administration Tool to connect to Virtual DataPort server. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
03-12-2018 07:24:34 -0500
Hi Thank you for the reply. After connecting to VPN client, I tried as suggested by entering the IP address displayed in Denodo platform. But I still get the following error message "Initialization error: connection error: Connection timed out: connect:"
user
03-12-2018 12:18:40 -0500
Hi Thank you for the reply. After connecting to VPN client, I tried as suggested by entering the IP address displayed in Denodo platform. But I still get the following error message "Initialization error: connection error: Connection timed out: connect:". I tried to ping that server but get request timed out, I tried to ping by disconnecting the VPN as well but still get as request timed out.
user
03-12-2018 12:26:01 -0500
Hi Team, Upon reviewing again and trying, this solution worked. Thank you very much.
user
10-12-2018 16:29:17 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here