You can translate the question and the replies:

Denodo MongoDB Base Base View Creation

HI Team, I'm trying to create base view from a mongodb datasource using Connection String(host:port/database) and Collection fields as wrapper parameter values but I'm facing the error "There was an error while creating this base view: Error while executing custom wrapper method 'getSchemaParameters': MongoDB wrapper error. Unable to establish connection". **So is there any other parameter required?**. MongoDB is installation is done on another Windows host.
user
16-05-2017 06:01:53 -0400

9 Answers

Hi, In Virtual DataPort Administration Tool, I have been able to create a base view in Mongodb datasource by the following steps, 1. Created custom data source using Denodo MongoDB Custom Wrapper downloaded from Support Site. 1. Click on “Create base view”. 1. Specify the Host, Port, Database, Collection and Fields and click Ok. You could refer the section “Creating a Base View” in Denodo MongoDB Custom Wrapper user manual for more details on it. I would also suggest you to check the log files located in <DENODO_HOME>\logs\vdp\vdp.log and <DENODO_HOME>\logs\vdp-admin\vdp-admin.log for more details on the error. To be able to download Denodo MongoDB Custom Wrapper from [Support Site](https://support.denodo.com/resources/denodo-connect/list/Denodo%206.0), you would need a valid support user. Hope this helps.
Denodo Team
19-05-2017 08:05:14 -0400
name:"" Database adapter: "Generic" Driver class path: 'C:\Denodo\DenodoPlatform7.0\lib-external\jdbc-drivers\mongo-db' Driver class: mongodb.jdbc.MongoDriver Database URI : jdbc:mongodb://localhost:27017/"Name db" Transaction isolation: Database default Authentication: Use login and password Login : "" Pass: "" Ok test Conection visuality in plataform "vdp" ##### informatio by conection mongodb with Denodo plataform 7.0 tools : jdbc driver conection with mongodb *****the driver conection need install in folder denodo library external by Isaías G. Gomez Duarte
user
 Edited on: 13-02-2020 06:49:02 -0500
name:"" Database adapter: "Generic" Driver class path: 'C:\Denodo\DenodoPlatform7.0\lib-external\jdbc-drivers\mongo-db' Driver class: mongodb.jdbc.MongoDriver Database URI : jdbc:mongodb://localhost:27017/"Name db" Transaction isolation: Database default Authentication: Use login and password Login : "" Pass: "" link: library mongodb with jdbc http://unityjdbc.com/mongojdbc/mongo_jdbc.php Ok test Conection visuality in plataform "vdp" ##### informatio by conection mongodb with Denodo plataform 7.0 tools : jdbc driver conection with mongodb *****the driver conection need install in folder denodo library external by Isaías Galdino Gomez Duarte
user
 Edited on: 13-02-2020 06:49:02 -0500
Hi, I was able to successfully connect with MongoDB from Denodo Platform 7 using a unity JDBC driver for MongoDB and created base views over it. If you don't have a Denodo MongoDB Custom Wrapper with you, it could be considered as one of the options to establish the connection. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
12-02-2020 01:21:32 -0500
I have Denodo Express, I tried to connect with Mongodb throught jdbc driver but it fails...Is it possible with this version for denodo?
user
17-08-2020 19:27:22 -0400
Hi, I was able to connect with MongoDB from Denodo Express using a unity JDBC driver without any error. To connect the MongoDB using JDBC driver, I have provided the below configuration in the Virtual DataPort, ``` Database adapter : Generic Driver class: mongodb.jdbc.MongoDriver Database URI: jdbc:mongo://<serverName>/<databaseName> ``` To get more information about the error, I would modify the Virtual DataPort log level as “Debug’’ in <DENODO_HOME>/conf/vdp/log4j2 and check for the possible causes in the vdp.log file in <DENODO_HOME>/logs/vdp. For more information, you could refer to the section [Log Configuration](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/administration/appendix/configuring_the_logging_engine/configuring_the_logging_engine) of the Virtual DataPort Administration Guide. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
26-08-2020 03:24:41 -0400
Hi, Im using jdbc from http://unityjdbc.com/mongojdbc/mongo_jdbc.php. I have copied jdbc drivers into 'C:\Denodo\DenodoPlatform7.0\lib-external\jdbc-drivers\Mongo' and C:\Denodo\DenodoPlatform7.0\extensions\thirdparty\lib Name: Mongo Database adapter: Generic Driver class path: 'C:\Denodo\DenodoPlatform7.0\lib-external\jdbc-drivers\Mongo' Driver class: mongodb.jdbc.MongoDriver Database URI: jdbc:mongodb://localhost:27017/unir Transaction isolation: Database default Authentication: use login and password login: password: When i try to test connection, it fails....any ideas? error Unable to establish connection. The JDBC driver was not found. Check thar the driver exists in the class path of the data source.
user
28-08-2020 21:07:03 -0400
Solution: Finally I have connected denodo express with mongodb. Here the solution 1. Download the CData JDBC Driver for MongoDB installer, unzip the package, and run the JAR file to install the driver. 2. Copy the JAR File (and license file if it exists) from the installation location (typically C:\Program Files\CData\CData JDBC Driver for MongoDB\lib\) to the Denodo external library directory (C:\Denodo\Denodo Platform\lib-external\jdbc-drivers\cdata-mongodb-19). 3.Open the Denodo Virtual DataPort Administrator tool and navigate to the Server Explorer tab. 4. Right-click "admin" and select New -> Data source -> JDBC 5.Configure the JDBC Connection: Name: your choice, e.g.: mongodb Database adapter: Generic Driver class path: C:\Denodo\Denodo Platform\lib-external\jdbc-drivers\cdata-mongodb-19 Driver class: cdata.jdbc.mongodb.MongoDBDriver Database URI: Set this to a JDBC URL using the necessary connection properties. For example, jdbc:mongodb:Server=127.0.0.1;Port=27017;Database=unir 6. Click the "Test connection" button to confirm the configuration and click Save. Enjoy!! :-)
user
01-09-2020 23:27:40 -0400
Hi, I was able to successfully connect the MongoDB from Denodo Platform using unity and CData JDBC driver for MongoDB and created base views over it. If you don’t have a Denodo MongoDB Custom Wrapper with you, it could be considered as one of the options to establish the connection. Also, when I using the unity JDBC driver, I have passed the Database URI as below and was able to successfully create a view in Virtual DataPort, > jdbc:mongo://<serverName>/<databaseName> Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
10-09-2020 04:11:25 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here