You can translate the question and the replies:

Migrate only users and roles.

I want to create a script which have only create commands for all the users and roles for that database or server.So that same users and roles can be created in different server using those commands .Please let me now if any one have other solution to migrate only users and roles. Thanks
user
25-04-2016 01:52:08 -0400

3 Answers

Hi, In the Admin Tool (“File” menu) you can either user the “Export” or “Export Database” options. In the first case you are exporting the server and this action will include users, roles and permissions. In the second case you must explicitly check "Include users and privileges". This will export the selected VDP database with its users, roles and privileges. This behavior is also applicable when you right click over an element and the “Export” option is selected. Export users separately is not a feature of the Denodo Platform at the moment. However you can choose one of this two options and select, from the generated VQL, the create user and role statements. If you need to separate the user and role sections from the VQL it could be useful for you to know that the script includes section headers to identify the sets of statements. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
25-04-2016 04:42:25 -0400
HI team, I tried above way, and export the whole database with user and privilege select and I can promote my users, roles and privileges to my testing env. BUt I when I just choose one view, and export the vql with the check of "include users and privileges", and promote that vql with solution manager, the corresponding priviliges are not promoted to my testing env, do you know why?
user
 Edited on: 08-09-2020 01:28:06 -0400
Hi, When you export a single view, the VQL will include only the statements to replicate the privileges of that view: to create the users (and the roles) that are owners or have privileges over the view and to assign the privileges. It means that, if the users and roles you want to export do not have privileges over the exported view they will not be included in the VQL. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
11-10-2019 03:30:07 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here