You can translate the question and the replies:

Field concatenation fails in Tableau When connect to Denodo using ODBC.

I am using Tableau version 8.3.4 and Denodo supplied ODBC driver, to connect Tableau to Denodo 6.0. I have configured Denodo and Tableau using following document - https://community.denodo.com/kb/view/document/Northbound%20Connections/Connecting%20Tableau%20to%20Denodo From Tableau, I am able to get data when using normal column but it fails when used calculated field with ‘+’ operator for concatenation (e.g. COL1 + COL2). ***Tableau delegates ‘+’ operator on String as ‘TEXTCAT’ function to Denodo.*** As ‘TEXTCAT’ function is not available in Denodo, query got failed. When I set ‘SQL_STRING_FUNCTIONS’ property to ‘0’ in odbc64-denodo.tdc file, Tableau had shown me warning that “’+’ operator on Sting, Sting is not supported by source”, and it does not allowed me create calculated field using ‘+’ operator. So, Tableau has considered source system is not capable for concatenation and it has invalidated ‘+’ operator. Can you please help me on how can I accomplished concatenation in Tableau for Denodo as source? What configuration setting additional are required either in Denodo or Tableau ??
user
23-08-2016 09:06:40 -0400
code

2 Answers

Hi, I was able to create a new column in Tableau version 10.0 using the + operator over two string columns from Denodo 6.0, with the latest Denodo update 20160429 installed. The document referred by you to configure Denodo 6.0 and Tableau says that it was tested on Tableau 9.3 and it holds good for Tableau 10.0 as well. https://community.denodo.com/kb/view/document/Northbound%20Connections/Connecting%20Tableau%20to%20Denodo You can upgrade your Tableau version and then try to perform the field concatenation. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
24-08-2016 10:30:44 -0400
code
Thnaks !! concatenation works with Tableau 10.
user
 Edited on: 28-07-2017 05:35:22 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here