You can translate the question and the replies:

Getting an error while connecting VDP

Hi , I am getting an error while connecting vdp admin tool: error is - "connection error : connection time out: connect" . I tried your solutions suggested in some other questions but could not folllow them also. i used user id and password both as 'admin' please let me know as sson as possible that how to fix this.
user
20-09-2016 07:03:14 -0400

3 Answers

Hi, I had the same problem some time ago. You should check if Virtual DataPort Server is up. If the port is used by other server it will not be able to start. If that doesn't work, you could check if you have a direct connection between the Admin Tool machine and the Virtual DataPort Server machine. I think you could review **Installation and Execution** section from the **Virtual DataPort Administration Guide**. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
23-09-2016 02:55:34 -0400
I did not get the answer provided. please explain in detail.
user
06-10-2016 05:23:19 -0400
Hi, I meant that you should verify that your **Virtual DataPort server** is **running**. You can check that at the **Denodo Platform Control Center** > **Virtual DataPort**. Below **Virtual DataPort Server** you should see "*Running, server located at port 9999*". If it is not running you could click on the green icon at its left. If you have multiple network interfaces maybe you could try to configure the **RMI hostname** for your Denodo Platform. I think you could take a look at this article: https://community.denodo.com/kb/view/document/RMI%20host%20configuration?category=Operation Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
06-10-2016 07:30:08 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here