You can translate the question and the replies:

Error setting up SVN source control

I am getting the following error when trying to create an environment in the VCS Management window: **Error creating environment: error creating environment: Error while executing svn status: Cannot run program "svn" (in directory "C:\Denodo\Denodo Platform\work\vdp\repository\environments"): CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified** I have installed SVN 1.7 on the Denodo server and I am pointing it towards our repository. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Ross
user
14-10-2016 05:47:47 -0400

6 Answers

Hi, Your issue could be caused by several reasons, so I would recommend you to check the following: 1) Launch the Denodo Platform as administrator having this way read and write privileges over the folder you have commented. 2) If you are trying to connect to a Subversion server remotely, you need to install a Subversion client in the host where the Virtual DataPort server is running to communicate with it. After install the client you have to add to the PATH Environment Variable the directory where the svn executable is located. If you want to know more about VCS and Subversion you can take a look at the "Configure a Subversion Client to Use the VCS Integration" section in the Denodo Platform Installation Guide. Also if you are using Subversion on Linux you should check the sections "Enabling Uniqueness Detection" and "Activating the LS Optimization for Subversion" from the Virtual DataPort Administration Guide. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
14-10-2016 08:09:30 -0400
Hi, I have followed the steps above and I am still getting the same error message. I am using TortoiseSVN and I have followed all of the instructions in the admin guide as well. Is there any other possible reason for this error? Thanks, Ross
user
18-10-2016 06:36:18 -0400
Hi, I've figured out the problem. The command line client tools feature needs to be installed (TortoiseSVN). This is not part of the default installation and has to be manually checked for it to be installed. Regards, Ross
user
18-10-2016 11:17:51 -0400
Hi, As you said the command line tools need to be installed, so then you can use the VCS features. Glad to hear is working.
Denodo Team
19-10-2016 13:38:06 -0400
Hi, I have the command line tools installed, but i receive the same error? I run the commands in VQL Shell: CALL LOGCONTROLLER('com.denodo.vdb.interpreter.execution.vcs.svn.SvnPlugin', 'DEBUG'); VCSCONTENTS '/databases/prod' FILES; CALL LOGCONTROLLER('com.denodo.vdb.interpreter.execution.vcs.svn.SvnPlugin', 'ERROR'); And recive the error: Info: begin batch execution Info: number of jobs: 3 Command #1 ..... OK Command #2 Statement: VCSCONTENTS '/databases/prod' FILES error obtaining contents: Error while executing svn list: Cannot run program "svn" (in directory "C:\Denodo\Denodo Platform\work\vdp\repository\admin"): CreateProcess error=2, O sistema não conseguiu localizar o ficheiro especificado Command #3 ..... OK Log file: Caused by: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "svn" (in directory "C:\Denodo\Denodo Platform\work\vdp\repository\admin"): CreateProcess error=2, O sistema não conseguiu localizar o ficheiro especificado at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1048) ~[?:1.8.0_144] at com.denodo.vdb.interpreter.execution.vcs.VCSUtil.executeCommand(Unknown Source) ~[denodo-vdp-server.jar:6.0.8] at com.denodo.vdb.interpreter.execution.vcs.VCSUtil.executeCommand(Unknown Source) ~[denodo-vdp-server.jar:6.0.8] ... 29 more Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=2, O sistema não conseguiu localizar o ficheiro especificado Is there any other possible reason for this error? Thanks
user
21-03-2019 11:23:05 -0400
Hi, The error message "Cannot run program svn" indicates that either the command line tools are not installed properly or the PATH environment variable does not include the path to the folder where the svn executable is located. In this situation I would make sure that the command line tools are correctly installed on the host where the Virtual DataPort Server is running. After that, you have to add the folder path where the svn executable is located to the environment variable PATH. I would suggest to add it to the system variable "PATH" as this makes it available for every user, whereas adding it to the user variable "PATH" makes it only available to the currenty logged in user. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
04-04-2019 07:11:52 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here