You can translate the question and the replies:

JVM settings for connecting with Dynatrace

Hello, I am using Denodo 6.0 and trying to work with Dynatrace using the document - "Using DynaTrace Application Performance Management with Denodo". In this document under "Denodo Platform Configuration" -> "Virtual DataPort" -> it is stated that: (5) When you click on Next Dynatrace will generate a string that has to be added to the JVM  options of the Virtual DataPort server. To add it to VDP: Open the Denodo Platform Control Center. Click on Configure. Click on JVM Options. Copy the DynaTrace agent string and append it to the “Virtual DataPort server /ITPilot Wrapper Server JVM” options. Confirm the changes and restart the VDP server. So, my question here is that, when I try to update the JVM options as mentioned above, the services do not start. Once I remove the changes, the service starts successfully. Am I missing something simple? Thanks!
user
22-10-2016 00:22:23 -0400
code

1 Answer

Hi! I’ve tried DynaTrace for monitoring my VDP Server following the KB document instructions and I didn’t found problems starting the VDP Server. Be sure you add the generated string after the existing JVM options adding a space, don’t replace them. I’d try starting the server using the command line with *vqlserverstartup.bat* that will show you more information regarding the error that causes the server to not start. In addition, you can take a look at the *vdp.log* file located at *<DENODOHOME>/logs/vdp*. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
25-10-2016 10:14:18 -0400
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here