You can translate the question and the replies:

Forcing scheduled extracts to enclose all values in double quotes.

I am looking to provide a like for like file extract as a proof of concept, and the extract the users currently have enclose all the column values in double quotes. When I extract as csv using the scheduler (using denodo express 6.0), only values where there is a need for double quotes enclose the value. For example, where there is a comma or trailing spaces etc. Is it possible to force a csv to be extracted and enclose everything? I've been looking at i18n maps but I might be looking in the wrong place there.
user
09-11-2016 11:02:11 -0500

1 Answer

Hi, At present the Scheduler's CSV Exporter will only enclose fields in quotes where necessary. As you have found this can be where the field value includes the separator defined for the export, trailing spaces, or where the values include double quotes themselves. The i18n is used to define how numbers and dates should be formatted when written, unfortunately this cannot be used to configure how string values are quoted in the CSV exporter. It would be possible to write a custom exporter using the Denodo Platform SDK to implement the behaviour you require. There is a sample custom exporter included in the Denodo Installation directory under [Denodo Installation Home]\samples\scheduler\exporter-api as an example. This is described in the Scheduler Administration Guide (section Developer API) which is available for download here: https://community.denodo.com/docs/show/Scheduler/Denodo%206.0 I hope this helps.
Denodo Team
09-11-2016 12:50:28 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here