You can translate the question and the replies:

specifying custom i18n on scheduler extractor for csv

I have specified a custom i18n and am trying to apply this to an extractor btu so far have been unsuccessful. I have tried the following. Setting the i18n on the base view Setting the i18n on the final view Specifying the i18n during the query in the extraction section of the csv job using "CONTEXT ('i18n'='blahblah')" The only thing that I am not able to do is setting the i18n in the drop down on the exporters section. The custom i18n maps we have created are not visible here. Is there anything specific that needs done to allow these i18n maps to be picked up on the scheduler.
user
10-11-2016 06:04:10 -0500

1 Answer

Hi, Currently the Scheduler's CSV Exporter does use the i18n maps that are created in Virtual Data Port (VDP), rather these are read from file system under the installation path. For more information about configuring internationalization in VDP, please see the [Virtual DataPort Administration Guide](https://community.denodo.com/docs/view/document/Virtual%20DataPort/Denodo%206.0/Virtual%20DataPort%20Administration%20Guide), section CONFIGURING THE DEFAULT INTERNATIONALIZATION. However, in order to get the Scheduler's CSV Exporter to use a custom i18n, I used the following approach: 1. Locate the i18n properties files in the [Denodo Installation]\metadata\common\i18n directory. 2. Copy one of the files in this directory e.g. i18_gb.properties, and rename it appropriately ensuring you do not overwrite any of the existing files. 3. Edit and save the copied i18n properties file to reflect the formats / timezones you need the Exporter to use when writing dates, times, decimals etc. 4. Re-start the Scheduler Server. You should now see the new i18n available in the drop down when you configure your CSV Exporter in the Scheduler Administrator. This approach worked for me, hope it helps.
Denodo Team
11-11-2016 08:16:02 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here