Timezone conversion

how to convert UTC time to CST ? I am looking for Oracle **FROM_TZ** equalent function in Denado. your inputs really appriciated!! thnaks!
user
20-12-2016 10:18:47 -0500

3 Answers

Hi, In Denodo Platform, dates do not contain a time zone. Instead of that, Denodo Platform associates a time zone to a view which means that all dates returned by that view are considered to be in that specific time zone. Due to that, there is not any function which allows you to change the time zone for a specific date as all dates in a view have associated the same time zone. However, the Denodo Platform provides a set of Date functions as ADDHOUR and FORMATDATE which allows you to add/subtract hours to a date and then transform that date into a string with a specific date pattern to which you could concatenate the corresponding time zone. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
21-12-2016 10:43:30 -0500
should we mention time zone while we create view ? in my view I have two date time columns with different timezones. I would like to have these two columns into same view so I have to convert them into one time zone before creating view, if yes can you pls let me know how to do ? does view support different time zoned columns ?
user
 Edited on: 05-03-2019 14:54:19 -0500
Hi, Regarding Denodo Platform 6.0, you have to specify a specific time zone while creating a base view. That means all the dates coming from the data source would be associated with the base view's time zone. In your case, as your data source provides dates belonging to two different timezones, my recommendation is adding/subtracting the necessary amount of hours to one of these columns (by editing the desired column) while creating the base view in order to have all the dates in the same time zone. However, the Denodo Platform 7.0 version includes among other date types the TIMESTAMPTZ date type which maintains the information about the date's time zone. So, if you are working with the Denodo Platform 7.0 version, my recommendation is creating the base view and making sure that the date type used for these two date columns is TIMESTAMPTZ. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
25-06-2019 07:18:13 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here