You can translate the question and the replies:

Trying to use generic JDBC, to connect for example crate.io (which is one JDBC product that works vs elastic-search)

The connection succeeds, but trying to create any base view yields a weird exception failed to parse ")". I have no idea how to find a more detailed exception. I am also totally aware to the fact that the generic adapter/connector is not tested. Yet, I would have expected atleast that simple things will work.
user
12-01-2017 15:15:32 -0500

3 Answers

Hi, I have not ever made a connection to a Crate.io database, however, I have successfully used the Generic adapter many times. As you know, it is not possible to test that adapter with all the existing databases so it is possible that something does not work with some of these databases. When I have to connect to a database which is not supported by the Denodo Platform I use the Generic adapter selecting at the same time the "Choose automatically" option. This option should help the Denodo Platform to find the most suitable adapter to connect to that database. In addition, if after doing that you still get an error I would suggest trying to create a base view from a sql query. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
16-01-2017 07:21:58 -0500
It's working with create from sql query. However, I wanted to try and find a solution to this issue. It seems that I cannot find the log which is writing this error in detail. I want to find out the source of this problem, and it seems I am missing some tools like detailed/verbose logging. Maybe there are some settings I am missing.
user
22-01-2017 09:09:33 -0500
Hi, The Denodo Platform uses the generic adapter to connect to databases that are not supported, which implies the use of generic sql sentencies against those databases. However, it seems that the cause of the problem is that the Crate.Io database does not support those generic sql sentencies used by Denodo Platform to gather information about a table in order to build the corresponding base view. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
27-01-2017 03:41:50 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here