You can translate the question and the replies:

VSAM file extraction using Denodo

Hi Team, Hi Team, Need your urgent attention on VSAM file extraction using Denodo. We have HOGAN VSAM files . How to extract those Using Denodo. Regards, Ganesh Taware
user
24-01-2017 01:05:18 -0500

3 Answers

Hi Ganesh, You can read data from VSAM file using denodo in two modes 1) real time 2) replication 1) For real time data read try exposing the VSAM data via JDBC interface or a web service interface.Point the JDBC/web service as your source location in Denodo to retrieve the data. 2) For replication mode use third party connectors and replicate the VSAM data into an off-host database (meaning a database not inside the mainframe).Then connect to that off-host database through Denodo and retrieve the data of the VSAM file. Mind it this method does not offer real time data access as the data is copied on a periodic basis. I hope this can help you.
Denodo Team
25-01-2017 08:10:07 -0500
Hi Ganesh. Regarding VSAM access via JDBC, here is a link to the IBM's site where they describe different methods to acces remotely to VSAM. I think it includes a link to download the drivers: http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/z/os/zvse/solutions/vsamaccess.html I hope this helps.
Denodo Team
25-01-2017 10:11:23 -0500
Hi Team, We had an internal call with the customer post our discussions and at the moment they are interested in the approach where Denodo can access the Hogan VSAM file system using a third party connector like Attunity, Connix etc. They are seeking information on any real time experience as well (from Denodo Corp) where we had implemented the above approach to any of the client across businesses. In summary we are looking for 2 artifacts here 1. Denodo real time case study where Vsam files have been accessed using a third part connector. 2. Implementation steps/approach to enable this requirement using Denodo. Please let me know if you can help at the earliest. Regards, Ganesh Taware (91-9960912653)
user
08-02-2017 11:16:35 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here