You can translate the question and the replies:

"Ghost " associations

I created a fact view and a number of dimension views and the associations between them. I renamed the fact table ...... the associations disappeared. I thought Denodo would handle the renaming gracefully but it looked like the associations had been deleted. I created new associations between the renamed fact table and the dimensions, everything looked ok. When using the information self-server tool I noticed dupicate associations, I tried: 1. deleting all the associations 2. deleting the fact table 3. deleting the folder containing the associations and fact table I can't see the "ghost associations" in VDP admin tool, so I don't know how to delete them. Does anyone know how to get back to the Denodo metadata tables to delete them from there? Should I do this?
user
24-01-2017 11:51:29 -0500

3 Answers

Hi, I could not reproduce your exact scenario, when I renamed the fact view the changes gets reflected in its respective associations .I would suggest you to check the number of associations created in VDP Administration tool by calling the internal stored procedure CATALOG_ELEMENTS(null,'Associations',null,null,null,null,null,null,null) When you drop the associations in VDP Administration tool, click on reload in Information service tool > Association tab to reflect the changes. Hope this helps.
Denodo Team
27-01-2017 09:38:31 -0500
Hello, thanks for the response. I ran the CATALOGELEMENTS procedure and found the associations, both the ones I can see in the VDP admin tool and the ones I can't. How do I get rid of the ones I can't see?
user
27-01-2017 17:59:29 -0500
Hi, You can delete the associations by using the drop statement DROP ASSOCIATION [ IF EXISTS ] <Association Name> Hope this helps.
Denodo Team
31-01-2017 22:28:48 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here