I tried the following ways to run my script file before the denodo jobs.
1)The first way which worked for me is
* Download the Custom Wrapper named “Denodo SSH Custom Wrapper” from the support site under the Downloads tab --> DenodoConnects. You will need a Denodo Support user to be able to download .
* Extract the jar file and add it to your VDP tool → Jar Management.
* Create a custom data source using this jar file
* Create base view filling the parameters (Host, Port, User,Password,Command).
Enter the command to execute your script file under the command option.
Save the view and execute the same.
* Next step is to create job in VDP Scheduler to execute this base view. By following those actions I can launch a job executing a script (rename.sh in your case) first and then other job.
2) There is another option that I used and works for me. I made use of the "test_scheduler" script that you can find in <DENODO_HOME>/samples/scheduler/scheduler-api/scripts." After compiling this script you can manage your jobs via scripting. Using the option "-help" you can see the different options available.
So you can create a new script file containing:
sh test_scheduler.sh -start jobName -h <SchedulerHost> -p <SchedulerPort>
Now when you execute this new script file it will run your rename.sh file first and then the denodo job.
Hope this helps.