You can translate the question and the replies:

Shell script Schedule

Team, We have installed Denodo 6.0 in our Unix environment. We would like to execute one shell script(rename.sh) file through scheduler before our actual denodo job start. Can we execute shell script through denodo scheduler?? Thanks Dp
user
01-02-2017 18:08:25 -0500

6 Answers

Hi, I tried the following ways to run my script file before the denodo jobs. 1)The first way which worked for me is * Download the Custom Wrapper named “Denodo SSH Custom Wrapper” from the support site under the Downloads tab --> DenodoConnects. You will need a Denodo Support user to be able to download . * Extract the jar file and add it to your VDP tool → Jar Management. * Create a custom data source using this jar file * Create base view filling the parameters (Host, Port, User,Password,Command). Enter the command to execute your script file under the command option. Save the view and execute the same. * Next step is to create job in VDP Scheduler to execute this base view. By following those actions I can launch a job executing a script (rename.sh in your case) first and then other job. 2) There is another option that I used and works for me. I made use of the "test_scheduler" script that you can find in <DENODO_HOME>/samples/scheduler/scheduler-api/scripts." After compiling this script you can manage your jobs via scripting. Using the option "-help" you can see the different options available. So you can create a new script file containing: #!/bin/bash sh rename.sh sh test_scheduler.sh -start jobName -h <SchedulerHost> -p <SchedulerPort> Now when you execute this new script file it will run your rename.sh file first and then the denodo job. Hope this helps.
Denodo Team
07-02-2017 09:14:11 -0500
Hi, I am interested in using scheduler-api but i am trying to configure the script, seem to be failing /opt/denodo/denodo7/samples/scheduler/scheduler-api/scripts ./test_schedulerclient.sh --help or ./test_schedulerclient.sh -help i executed the test script but is not helping and this is the output i get [denodo@host scripts]$ export JAVA_HOME=/opt/denodo/denodo7/jre [denodo@host scripts]$ ./test_schedulerclient.sh -help com.denodo.scheduler.demo.SchedulerJobsConfigurationSample [denodo@host scripts]$ ./test_schedulerclient.sh --help com.denodo.scheduler.demo.SchedulerJobsConfigurationSample [denodo@host scripts]$ ./test_schedulerclient.sh --h com.denodo.scheduler.demo.SchedulerJobsConfigurationSample [denodo@host scripts]$ [denodo@host scripts]$ ./compile_schedulerclient.sh -help ./compile_schedulerclient.sh: line 35: javac: command not found ./compile_schedulerclient.sh: line 36: -classpath: command not found [denodo@host scripts]$ Please help on how i can get scheduler-api running
user
28-06-2019 05:54:21 -0400
Hi, I faced similar issue while executing the test script. On checking the error, could see that it was due to Java configuration. I checked if Java JDK is present and JAVA_HOME is pointing to correct path. In my case I had JDK present in Linux. So, all I had to do is set the JAVA_HOME path pointing to JDK installed folder. Once the path was set I was able to compile and execute the test script present in below path <DENODO_HOME>/samples/scheduler/scheduler-api/scripts To know more about Scheduler API, you can read the section [Scheduler Client API](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/scheduler/administration/developer_api/scheduler_client_api/scheduler_client_api) in Scheduler Administration Guide. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
01-07-2019 02:13:30 -0400
Just to test in my localhost, what port should I use if I want to test a .bat?
user
25-11-2019 05:43:07 -0500
Hi, I would use the port 8000, which is the default port for the scheduler server. You can refer the [Default Ports Used by the Denodo Platform Modules](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/latest/platform/installation/appendix/default_ports_used_by_the_denodo_platform_modules/default_ports_used_by_the_denodo_platform_modules#default-ports-used-by-the-denodo-platform-modules) section of the Denodo Platform Installation Guide to get the list of the default ports. When using a custom port for Scheduler Server, I would gather the port details by referring to the server section of the ConfigurationParameters.properties file under <DENODO_HOME>/conf/scheduler Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
25-11-2019 06:14:10 -0500
Maybe I explained myself badly... I installed the “Denodo SSH Custom Wrapper”. I have denodo sched server and the .bat both in my localhost. When I configure the base view which has the call to the .bat script... should I use the 8000 port? It is not working. The port is ocuppated by Scheduler, of course... I am a novice on this.
user
25-11-2019 06:39:16 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here