You can translate the question and the replies:

Installing Denodo inside docker container

Hello guys, I'm trying to install a generic denodo inside a docker container, I'm using Java 8 (openjdk) as my base image with denodo for linux version 6.0 Headless installation went smooth, now I'm at the stage of starting the application it self and as I read in one of the KB's to start the server headless I need to run `vqlserver_startup.sh` which I did. The stdout gave me the following : ` Starting Denodo VQLServer ... Unexpected error. ` Any suggestion ? Maybe my container lack some indipendencies that denodo needs ? Thanks
user
14-03-2017 12:16:25 -0400

1 Answer

Hi, For situations in which you get an "Unexpected error" when launching the VDP Server, I would check the following: * If the license is installed in the Denodo Platform. This you can check by clicking the Help button in the Denodo Platform Control Center. * If the ports are configured properly and not in use by another application * Check the logs as they explain more information on why the error occurred. location:<DENODO_HOME>/logs/vdp/vdp.log Also try running the script as administrator or root user as sometimes when you don’t have proper permissions to execute this error will be thrown. Reference community Q&A related to this type of error. [Virtual Dataport doesn’t start](https://community.denodo.com/answers/question/details?questionId=90670000000XcWQAA0&titleVirtual%20dataport%20doesn%27t%20start(not%20enabled) Hope this helps.
Denodo Team
17-03-2017 00:09:23 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here