You can translate the question and the replies:

Assign Role privileges to a Web Service in a Folder

Please let me know how I can grant privileges on a WebService in a Virtual Database (VDB). I am able to assign privileges any View in the VDB, but not a Web Service in that same VDB.
user
30-03-2017 15:47:55 -0400

1 Answer

Hi, In Virtual DataPort Administration tool, the privileges for web services depend on the access rights of the database. You could grant the following privileges to a “Normal” user over a Database: * Admin (Local administrator): List, deploy, redeploy and undeploy all the Denodo Web services and the auxiliary Web services of widgets. * Connection: User with this privileges can connect to a database. * Creation: User can deploy and redeploy the web services that they own. * Read: Users can see the existing Web services only if they are the owners of it. * Write: Users can modify the Web services only if they are the owners of it. For example: 1. UserA is provided with privileges Creation, Read, Write over a database DEMO. 1. If a rest web service “incident_details” is created by the UserA, then UserA will be able to deploy, redeploy, undeploy and view the VQL of the web service “incident_details”. 1. Another user UserB is provided with privileges Creation, Read, Write over the same database DEMO. Then UserB will not be able to see “incident_details” web service unless local administrator(Admin) privilege is granted to that database. You can refer the section “User and Access Right in Virtual DataPort >Types of Access Rights” in [Administration guide](https://community.denodo.com/docs/view/document/Denodo%20Express/Denodo%206.0/Virtual%20DataPort%20Administration%20Guide) for more details about the role privileges. Hope this helps.
Denodo Team
31-03-2017 07:35:12 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here