You can translate the question and the replies:

Ways to arrange fields in Derived view into folders

Hi Team We are building views in Denodo and have many fields in each of derived views and using Tableau as reporting tool. Wanted to check is there a way we can group fields in folders for view ie Sales View having folders as below as that of other semantic layer tools like cognos and OBIEE sales folder, product folder
user
05-04-2017 18:28:56 -0400

2 Answers

Hi, In order to group fields inside a view you can use the register function. In the view, you can create a new field using the function register and adding all the fields that you need to group. You could name the field as sales. Then you will have a register with all the fields related to sales. Syntax :``` register(field1,field2,field3,.....) ``` To know more about how to use register function please read the following documentation **Advanced VQL Guide** under the section “**DEFINING A DATA TYPE.**” Hope this helps.
Denodo Team
07-04-2017 08:52:22 -0400
Hi I tried using the register function and created a new field(registerfieldstest)and added 3 fields .But When I access the View in Tableau its concatenating the 3 fields when i pull the new field (registerfieldstest) My requirement is to get folder structure of fields based on functionality in a view as we see in OBIEE and cognos Like when I open view eg: Sales View i should see folders or+ sign to expand products(Having all fields for products),customer Master(Having all customer fields) etc Can you please help on this Thanks
user
07-04-2017 14:04:36 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here