You can translate the question and the replies:

GROUP BY and String Aggregate functions

I've made a View in Denodo VDP which is a UNION of two other "SELECT" views. Now I want to pivot some of the data in this new view; I use following query; ``` ELECT primitivumnummer AS primitivumnummer, CASE WHEN ( hasname = 'txtNap' ) THEN feldtext ELSE NULL END AS txtNap, CASE WHEN ( hasname = 'txtNomNaissance' ) THEN feldtext ELSE NULL END AS txtNomNaissance, CASE WHEN ( hasname = 'txtPrenom' ) THEN feldtext ELSE NULL END AS txtPrenom, CASE WHEN ( hasname = 'txtSexe' ) THEN feldtext ELSE NULL END AS txtSexe FROM felddaten1_u_felddaten2 ``` I get this ![](http://i.imgur.com/85FEjc9.png) When I try to GROUP this result by "primitivumnummer" is does not work; also, I tried multiple aggregate functions on the "string"s yet nothing works. Am I doing this operation in the right way or is there a better approach?
user
27-04-2017 10:43:21 -0400

1 Answer

It turned out at it didn't work due to the fact that the database contains to many rows (> 1E7); the group by query cannot be completed within 15min.
user
03-05-2017 03:18:14 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here