You can translate the question and the replies:

Denodo Monitor - Stopping

Hi there, Quick question about the "denodo monitor". We have a need to log all queries from all users within VDP. I have followed the online steps and have enabled them on the server in question, but I see some strange behavior. We currently have denodo 5.5 and I am testing this same thing on denodo 6 with the same outcome (so far). Here are some details: I am using linux (on AWS). I have extracted the needed denodo monitor files from tools and setup the config file correctly (right now I am testing dumping the files locally and only care about VDP. Once we have it working, I would log to a mySQL DB going forward). I can start the services using the *.sh script in the folder, but it seems that it only logs for a few minutes (really just while I have the console open). So I did a little research and found the "How to install denodo monitor as a linux service". Followed that. Restarted the machine, but it still does not log indefinitely. If I wait a few days to see if its catching any data the LastModifiedDate on the file was the day that I started it manually or restart of the machine. Any suggestions (I am sure I am doing something wrong here)? Thanks!
user
06-05-2016 13:26:20 -0400

3 Answers

Hi, I think in Linux when you run a command on the shell the new process is somehow linked to the console from which it was launched. Therefore if you close the console window the system will kill the processes that have been launched from it. You can use the “&” to fork the processes (and run it in the background). For example, for launching the denodo-monitor I always use: ./denodomonitor_startup.sh & About your problem running Denodo Monitor as a Linux service, did you noticed that there is a log file for each day? At the end of the day a new file is created and the old one is renamed by adding the date. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
10-05-2016 04:46:17 -0400
Hello, I am having this problem: PS C:\Denodo\DenodoPlatform7.0\tools\monitor\denodo-monitor\denodo-monitor\bin> .\denodomonitor.bat shutdown Stopping Denodo Monitor... Terminate batch job (Y/N)? Terminate batch job (Y/N)? y PS C:\Denodo\DenodoPlatform7.0\tools\monitor\denodo-monitor\denodo-monitor\bin> .\denodomonitor.bat startup Starting Denodo Monitor... Cannot start Denodo Monitor. There is another instance already running I cannot stop the denodo monitor and i also cannot start, how can i solve it?
user
02-09-2020 04:33:05 -0400
Hi, Probably you have another process listening on the Denodo Monitor shutdown port. I would review the monitor.shutdown.port property in the Denodo Monitor configuration file (<Denodo_Home>/tools/monitor/conf/ConfigurationParameters.properties) and I would check if there is any other process in the machine using that port. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
14-09-2020 03:59:28 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here