You can translate the question and the replies:

Scheduler job to automate the metadata testing process

Hi, I am trying to create a scheduler job to automate the metadata testing between two views which are in different databases. Now that, I created 4 different scheduler job for 4 different environment(dev,SIT,UAT and PROD). Each job has one parameterized query which will take view name and database name as parameter and will execute catalog_metadata_views and download the metadata information as an excel file. I just want to know is there any way to eliminate the need of 4 jobs for 4 different environment and make it as a single job by parameterizing the data source as well? Thanks
user
10-05-2016 05:02:01 -0400

1 Answer

Hey, I don't think that there is a way to "parameterize" the data source itself. Parametrized queries are made to get their variable values from a data source that you are already connected to. If you want to run all the jobs at once, you can chain all of them together by setting dependencies in the Triggers section of a job definition for another environment job that you want to run beforehand. When you run the last job in this chain it will run all the dependent jobs before it in order. Hope that helps!
Denodo Team
10-05-2016 11:44:17 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here