You can translate the question and the replies:

Search methods and subquery

I am using a webservice source in which I have a parameter in the connection definition. I would like to obtain value(s) for this parameter from another view using a subquery. However during excecuting the whole query an error mesage pops up indicating that there are no search methods. Is there a work around for this? Or is it possible to define some kind of default value for the parameter when it is not filled in (yet) in the 'WHERE' clause?
user
23-06-2016 11:37:14 -0400

1 Answer

Hi, The error message about no search methods means that you haven't provided a value for the parameter in your conection definition. You always need to provide a value, otherwise the wrapper won't be able to connect to your web service. If you don't want to always provide a value, you can define a default value in the following way: 1. Create a derived view and define a view parameter with a default value 2. Define a WHERE condition in the derived view that assigns the value of your view parameter to the parameter in your connection definition You can read about how to do this in more detail in the "Parameters of Derived Views" section of the Virtual DataPort Administration Guide. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
24-06-2016 16:12:22 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here