You can translate the question and the replies:

500 Internal Server Error when trying to save to a new Git Repository

I'm having trouble checking code into a Git repository. I'm getting a "500 Internal Server Error" each time I try to commit. My question is why am I getting this error and how do I fix it? Here are the steps I've taken to try to take a database that's saved in TFVC and move it to a Git repository: 1. Open VCS Management 1. Click Import database (Default configuration points to TFVC) 1. Click Add Database on Import Remote Database screen, click OK 1. Wait for database to import (this step takes a while) 1. Click configure for the newly downloaded database 1. Uncheck Use version control and click Ok to save, and OK to confirm 1. Click configure for the newly downloaded database again 1. Check Use version control, uncheck Use default configuration, select Git for the version control system, and enter URL and credentials. 1. click ok 1. Right click the database in server explorer and VCS > Commit 1. Enter a log message and click commit At this point you I receive an error. My logs say this: ``` 5469543 [SwingWorker-pool-1-thread-5] ERROR 2017-06-21T12:55:38.725 com.denodo.vdb.admin.model.vdbserverproxy.VDBServerProxy - error checking /databases/project in: https://account.visualstudio.com/_git/project.git: 500 Internal Server Error com.denodo.vdb.vdbinterface.common.clientResult.VQLException: error checking /databases/project in: https://account.visualstudio.com/_git/project.git: 500 Internal Server Error at com.denodo.vdb.vdbinterface.client.printer.GetVDBObjectPrinter.format(Unknown Source) at com.denodo.vdb.vdbinterface.common.clientResult.ErrorResult.accept(Unknown Source) at com.denodo.vdb.vdbinterface.client.printer.GetVDBObjectPrinter.format(Unknown Source) at com.denodo.vdb.vdbinterface.common.clientResult.EndResult.accept(Unknown Source) at com.denodo.vdb.vdbinterface.client.VDBProxy.exec(Unknown Source) at com.denodo.vdb.vdbinterface.client.VDBProxy.exec(Unknown Source) at com.denodo.vdb.admin.model.vdbserverproxy.VDBServerProxy$4.call(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) at com.denodo.vdb.admin.model.vdbserverproxy.VDBServerProxy.execute(Unknown Source) at com.denodo.vdb.admin.model.vdbserverproxy.VDBServerProxy.execStatement(Unknown Source) at com.denodo.vdb.admin.model.vcsfacade.VCSFacade.dvcsCommit(Unknown Source) at com.denodo.vdb.admin.gui.components.dockable.vcs.CheckInDialog$4$2.doInBackground(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) 5469591 [AWT-EventQueue-0] ERROR 2017-06-21T12:55:38.773 com.denodo.vdb.admin.gui.components.dockable.vcs.CheckInDialog - error obtaining elements to commit: error checking /databases/project in: https://account.visualstudio.com/_git/project.git: 500 Internal Server Error com.denodo.vdb.admin.model.vdbserverproxy.VDBServerProxyException: error checking /databases/project in: https://account.visualstudio.com/_git/project.git: 500 Internal Server Error at com.denodo.vdb.admin.model.vdbserverproxy.VDBServerProxy.getCustomException(Unknown Source) at com.denodo.vdb.admin.model.vdbserverproxy.VDBServerProxy.access$100(Unknown Source) at com.denodo.vdb.admin.model.vdbserverproxy.VDBServerProxy$4.call(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) at com.denodo.vdb.admin.model.vdbserverproxy.VDBServerProxy.execute(Unknown Source) at com.denodo.vdb.admin.model.vdbserverproxy.VDBServerProxy.execStatement(Unknown Source) at com.denodo.vdb.admin.model.vcsfacade.VCSFacade.dvcsCommit(Unknown Source) at com.denodo.vdb.admin.gui.components.dockable.vcs.CheckInDialog$4$2.doInBackground(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) ```
Git
user
21-06-2017 15:37:11 -0400

1 Answer

Hi,   The error **‘500 Internal server error’** could be possibly due to the git repository which is not properly initialized. I was able to create environments and save the VCS configuration after I initialized the git repository.   I would recommend you to execute the following commands in your local repository to initialize your git and then try again.   ``` git init git remote add origin <url-of-git-repo> git push -u origin master ```   You may refer to the [Environment Management](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/6.0/vdp/administration/version_control_systems_integration/vcs_configuration/environment_management) of Virtual DataPort Administration Guide for more information.   Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
26-06-2017 08:29:45 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here