You can translate the question and the replies:

Add Column Description doesn't work with UNION

I am trying to append a specific record to a derived view with UNION. The view can be created without DESCRIPTION. But when I do CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW xxx DESCRIPTION = 'xxx' (columnname (DESCRIPTION = 'xxx')), it will give me an error saying the firld properties can only e specified for derived fields. But if I remove the column descriptions part with only CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW xxx DESCRIPTION = 'xxx', it will create the view. CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW xxx DESCRIPTION = '{.....} }' (column_name (DESCRIPTION = ''...') ) AS (SELECT '1', '2', '3' FROM DUAL()) UNION (SELECT id, name FROM a INNER JOIN b ON a.id = b.id WHERE .....)
user
27-05-2022 19:29:47 -0400

1 Answer

Hello, I have seen something quite similar to this in another community question. I would recommend having a look at it through this [link](https://community.denodo.com/answers/question/details?questionId=906Du00000000BVIAY&title=Add+Column+Description+doesn%27t+work+with+UNION+when+appending+record). Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
31-05-2022 05:03:40 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here