You can translate the question and the replies:

Wrapper source configuration missing in web design studio

If we open any of the base views we can see "Wrapper source configuration" under options->search method, if you are using "Data Port Administration Tool" and the same option "Wrapper source configuration" is missing in web design studio I'm using same login credentials on both Thanks in advance
user
15-07-2022 10:03:53 -0400

5 Answers

Hello, The **Wrapper source configuration** under **Options > Search methods** dialog of the view is only in the Virtual DataPort Administration Tool. The properties of each wrapper can be configured in the wrapper creation statement by adding parameter/value pairs or from the Virtual DataPort Administration Tool. If I want to configure the properties of a base view from the Design Studio, I could modify the wrapper **SOURCECONFIGURATION** parameters of the wrapper creation statement by directly editing VQL of the wrapper like below example ``` SOURCECONFIGURATION ( allowdelete = false, allowinsert = false, delegatesqlsentenceassubquery = false, delegatesqlsentencevariablesasparameters = true, datainorderfieldslist = () ); ``` The document [Wrapper Configuration Properties](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/latest/en/vdp/vql/generating_wrappers_and_data_sources/creating_wrappers/wrapper_configuration_properties) describes how to configure the properties of each wrapper and an example for using wrapper creation statement. I would use this document as a useful reference. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
15-07-2022 18:08:41 -0400
Hi, Thanks for the reply. We have checked for "Edit" option on one of the base view. But we could not find and the same option is available only on derived views
user
02-08-2022 12:39:17 -0400
Hello, As described above, **Wrapper Configuration Properties** is under the **Options > Search methods**. Please navigate to the **Options** not the **Edit **of the base views. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
03-08-2022 18:39:13 -0400
I have created base view called "customer" using "create from query" option using web design studio Also I would like to add the below configuration using web design studio SOURCECONFIGURATION ( allowdelete = false, allowinsert = false, delegatesqlsentenceassubquery = true, delegatesqlsentencevariablesasparameters = false ); Can you please assist me Thanks in advance
user
08-08-2022 05:48:54 -0400
Hello, As described above, I could directly modify the wrapper SOURCECONFIGURATION parameters. If I opened the VQL of the base view, I could see the CREATE OR REPLACE WRAPPER JDBC <base view> statement and copy it with all properties. After opening the VQL shell and pasting it, I added the parameters in the SOURCECONFIGURATION and then executed it. Alternatively, I could perform the export/import operation after adding the parameters in the SOURCECONFIGURATION in the VQL of the base view. You could refer the document [How to replicate VQL elements from one instance to another](https://community.denodo.com/kb/en/view/document/How%20to%20replicate%20VQL%20elements%20from%20one%20instance%20to%20another) that describes how to replicate VQL elements. If I refreshed the view and checked the VQL, I could see the change of configuration. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
08-08-2022 19:39:19 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here