You can translate the question and the replies:

Automation of Metadata

Hi Is there a script that automates the reading of metadata into denodo VDP and not the catalog since all the data sources are from excel? Like the data type and the field description without having to copy and paste from the excel metadata file?
user
01-08-2022 05:04:55 -0400

3 Answers

Hello, I understand that you need to automate the metadata. However I would like to figure out what you mean by a metadata file for an excel spreadsheet, as I am unfamiliar with this. Please elaborate on the format of the file and the relationship like how it was integrated or connected to the Excel sheet. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
02-08-2022 18:10:49 -0400
Ok there is an excel file which has metadata meaning that the excel file has only column names, data type of the column and the field description which has to be populated to the VDP base view. For an example the file would have a list of column names that have to be added to the agent base view. Like name-text-"Name of the Agent" surname-text-"Surname of the Agent" So I was wondering if there is a script to populate this to the base view of Agent. Hope you understand
user
03-08-2022 02:43:55 -0400
Hello, If you are mentioning to alter these Metadata elements in Denodo, I could do with three ways that are at creation via introspection, manually through the gui, or programmatically through VQL. Since you have all the needed information to modify the columns of view for **ALTER TABLE** VQL command, I recommend that you should create a script to output the appropriate VQL like below example, and run via import or in the VQL Shell. `ALTER TABLE internet_inc ( ALTER COLUMN incidence_id MODIFY decimal FALSE );` The document [Modifying a Base View](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/latest/en/vdp/vql/creating_a_base_view/modifying_a_base_view/modifying_a_base_view) describes the syntax of the statement **ALTER TABLE**. I would use this document as a good reference. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
03-08-2022 19:30:00 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here