To connect a SQL Server 2019/Oracle SQL 11g database to Denodo, you need to:
1. Create a Database in Denodo;
2. Right-Click the database > New > Data Source > JDBC;
3. On the Database Adapter, select the one that relates to the data source you are connecting to:
* Note that for SQL Server 2019, you need to use the SQL Server 2017 adapter, which works perfectly fine with the 2019 version.
* If in doubt, you can make use of the Denodo Documentation on [**Supported JDBC Data Sources**](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/latest/en/vdp/administration/appendix/supported_jdbc_data_sources/supported_jdbc_data_sources#supported-jdbc-data-sources), so you can check which adapter works best for your database.
4. Automatically, all fields will get filled with standard information, which you will need to re-type with the right input information of your database, such as *hostname*, *port*, *authentication type*, that will depend on how your SQL Server/Oracle database is configured.
You can also make use of the Denodo tutorial on [**First Steps - Connecting to Data Sources**](https://community.denodo.com/tutorials/browse/basics/2fs5jdbc#:~:text=Right%2Dclick%20on%20the%20%221,mysql%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%3A3306%2Facme_crm), that should be good to guide you in more detail through all the steps!
Hope this helps!