You can translate the question and the replies:

Denodo 8.0 VCS

VCS - I do commit, push, pull using same user 'ABC' which is a denodo user, but when I check in git I see 2 users 'ABC' and another user 'XYZ', the wierd thing is 'XYZ' is a windows users and not a denodo user. How it is possible ? What is author and committer ? In my case all should be 'ABC'. Please let me know
VCS
user
23-09-2022 03:09:58 -0400

1 Answer

Hi, I came across this same scenario of getting a Windows user while committing the database. This is because the below property was set to false and relies on the GIT configuration of the host server. In order to get the author and committer, same as the user who log in to the Administration tool, you could execute the below property in your VQL shell: > **SET 'com.denodo.vdb.vdbinterface.server.vcs.VCSConfigurationManager.useLoginAsAuthor' = 'true';** For more information on this, you could refer to [VCS Operations for GIT](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/8.0/en/vdp/administration/version_control_systems_integration/vcs_integration_features/vcs_operations_for_git#vcs-operations-for-git) section in the Virtual DataPort Administration Guide. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
23-09-2022 08:57:00 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here